Hi, My dog, Chewy, is suspected to have Cushings. He is a rescue so I don't have his age but I believe he is probably 12+ years. He is an 18 pound Chihuahua mix. His symptoms are enlarged adrenal glands, increased thirst and urination, increased appetite and elevated ALP (1356).
His ultrasound shows enlarged adrenals, enlarged prostate, mass on liver, heart murmur and possibly beginnings of kidney disease. He also has retinal atrophy and is completly blind in his left eye and about 80% blind in right eye. He is also deaf. Even with all these issues he appears to be happy and enjoys his walks and still is interested in treats and meals and smelling people to see if he knows them.

I just read on this forum that Cushings is a very slow growing disease. He is having test for Cushings on July 10th. What are the questions I should be asking the vet with his prognosis. Does it make sense to put him on medication that may cause side effects?

A friend had a Corgi with Cushings and vet put dog on Selegiline to help with expense of blood tests and medication. Is this an option that I should discuss with the vet? Any comments would be appreciated. thank you