PDA

View Full Version : Introduction (10 y/o Cavalier King Charles)

wolfwlker
05-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I have a 10 year old Cavalier King Charles she was diagnosed about 6 months ago and is on Trilostane. Her hair has not grown back. All other symptoms seem under control. Blood work so far is good. Any recommendations, insights into the possibility of hair re growth?

mytil
05-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Hi and welcome to our site. Glad to hear symptoms are getting under control. When you can, post the results of the most recent ACTH test performed to show the cortisol numbers. How much does your pup weigh and what is the Trilostane dosage?

Regarding hair regrowth, well this can take some additional time. As the cortisol levels become more stable, the old fur slowly falls out to be replaced by new fur and this new fur can be finer in some spots. I would say give it time as each dog is different (given there are not other reason thwarting fur growth such as any thyroid issues).

Keep us posted
Terry

Harley PoMMom
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi and welcome to you and your girl!

Getting copies of those test results and posting them here would be a great help, we are especially interested in any diagnostic and/or monitoring test results that were done for the Cushing's.

What symptoms did your girl display that led you or your vet to test for Cushing's in the first place? Does your girl have any other health issues? Is she taking any other herbs/supplements/medications? How much does she weigh and what dose of Trilostane is she on, also is this being given once or twice a day? Did the vet mention that Trilostane has to be given with food to be properly absorbed? And are your girl's ACTH stimulation tests being performed 4-6 hour after the dose of Trilostane is given?

I am sorry for all these questions but the more we know about your girl the better our feedback will be, ok?

Hugs, Lori