PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for July 2012

mytil
07-01-2012, 09:08 AM
"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

Loraine
07-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Still looking in. thank you for the warm welcome for my new boy, Iggy the Affie.

Boober
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Boober and I are still reading posts daily...well I am anyway:) Boober is doing great these days. After our visit with the IMS in June Boober is now on daily flax lignans and melatonin as per suggestion of the IMS and the Univ. Tenn. Boober's mild sumptoms don't seem to be getting worse and maybe slightly better. So for now were taking things one day at a time and just enjoying life. Hope everyone else out there and their pups are also doing well.
Sue & Boober

BreeandDaisy
07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
A quick check in for Bree. He seems to be doing reasonably well. I am starting to notice a slight weakness in his back legs. He can still jump on things, but not as well as he could. There was a day of shaking legs but it might have been due to a bad tummy he had. Needless to say, I am taking note of even slight changes.

To anyone meeting him you would think he was just a plump dog. Due to the elevated enzyme he has had most of his life (I least I think that is the cause) he has always had a bigger tummy - regardless of how much exercise he gets.

He is still happy, alert, and chaseing squirrels so I can't complain.

Thanks for reading.