Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Cushings - Charlotte has crossed the Bridge

Default Re: Questions about Cushings symptoms and diagnosis

Its been a very trying day today. Lots of pacing, she hasnt wanted to eat much and i havent seen her drink at all. I gave her a few small syringes of water which she swallowed just fine but she isnt interested in drinking water from her bowl today. This of course worries me to no end!

I was able to get an appt on Wednesday with the Bowen practitioner. She feels she can help Charlotte be more comfortable and said she was reading up on cushings and the macro tumors. She also called a holistic vet she works closely with and said he had some suggestions as well. Today i have had many moments where i wondered if we are even going to make it until Wednesday. Tomorrow is a new day, i hope its a better one.

Laurie

Maryland but currently staying in Indiana

Good morning Laurie,

I really hope Charlotte is doing better this morning. I know the feeling well of, will he make it until Wednesday? Skippy is eating but he is now sleeping or laying about 23 hours a day. He is on the BP meds as his BP last Friday was well over 200. I saw your question about milk thistle then found this article:
    https://www.mpg.de/8951851/silibinin-morbus-cushing

I'm going to email them and ask if they have started their planned clinical trials. Maybe grasping at straws...

BTW, Skippy goes back to the IMS on 4/4 and they have recommended trying Lysodren; I'm not there yet.
    Skippy's Mom

Dear Laurie,
    I'm so sorry Charlotte is having a bad day. Have you tried giving her water out of a people cup or coffee mug? Whiskey likes that. Hope today is a better day for your sweet girl. I'll be thinking of you,
    Annie

I posted this on Carole's (Skippy's Mom) thread but wanted to post it here as well.

Thanks for the article on milk thistle Carole, very interesting! I'm so sorry to hear about Skippy. I'm glad he is still eating, and I assume he is drinking. Charlotte won't drink so I have been putting small amounts of water down her via syringe. ***I tried what you suggested Annie but she wouldn't drink from a cup either. Very scary!

Charlotte had a very bad night last night and at 3am I had pretty much decided to call the vet in the morning and arrange to end this for her. However, i got a message this morning from the Bowen therapist and she wanted me to know she had a supplement at the pharmacy waiting for me to pick up. She also moved our Wednesday appointment up to tomorrow morning so I'm going to see what happens over the next few days. The supplement she ordered for me is turmeric which I was well aware of. I had made a golden paste for Charlotte a month or so ago but I couldn't get down her since she wouldn't eat anything added to her food. These are capsules and the vet this therapist works closely with highly recommends them. Here is a link to an article he sent me:

http://www.turmericforhealth.com/tur...og-brain-tumor

I would also like to try the milk thistle but I'm only going to add one thing at a time. I'm headed over to pick up the capsules now and I'm hoping I will see some improvement with them and the treatment she gets tomorrow morning. Charlotte is sleeping peacefully right now after having a fairly high dose of pred and tramadol early this morning. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Laurie

Hopefully the turmeric will help. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Lori

I hope that she has a better night tonight and that the tumeric helps. Maybe the vet will have some ideas.
    Do you think hanging her head maybe gives her a headache? or maybe she has an upset tummy? Have you given her any pepcid to see if that will help?

Let us know how she does overnight and what the vet has to say tomorrow.
    We'll be right here with you!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thanks Lori and Sharlene! I can't even express how much the support of everyone here has helped. My husband is on the road and will be gone for awhile so it's hard feeling so alone and not knowing if each day will be her last.

She has had a decent day, still pacing but seems more aware and not so panicked. She even chased a stick a couple of times when I was out playing with our shepherd. She ate some meatloaf but still not drinking on her own. I will let you know how the appointment with the Bowen therapist goes tomorrow. I'm not familiar with this treatment but I'm willing to try anything right now. She had 1 turmeric capsule earlier and will have another before bed. Hoping that will help too!

Laurie

I'm crossing fingers for a good night!!!

Oh I don't know how I would have gotten through my journey with Molly without this forum!!! I'd have been lost and more stressed than I was anyway, but they saved my sanity more times than I care to remember. LOL

HUGS
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I hope you and Charlotte have a good peaceful night... poor girl. I hope the new treatments help her feel better. We're thinking of both of you...
    -dayle and alva
    -Dayle S.
    Alva, Deaf Sheltie

Charlotte had her first appointment with the Bowen practitioner this morning. She seems to have responded well and is resting comfortably without much tremoring. Below is a link that explains the Bowen technique better than what I can in case any of you are interested.

http://thebowentechnique.com/what-is...wen-technique/

It's day 2 of the turmeric supplement so we will see how that goes. We are hoping it will reduce the inflammation enough to be able to wean her off of the prednisone. She still isn't drinking on her own but has an appetite for her meatloaf. I was told by a vet in Tennessee, who I contacted via email, that the herbs she was on can cause a reduction in appetite but nobody can really offer a suggestion as to why she won't drink on her own. Its not like she wont use her tongue because she will lick things when im handing then to her and she has licked things in her food bowl. Its very odd.

As I'm typing this she was outside barking at something so that's actually a good sign. She is a fighter and we will continue to do our part to help her with this battle!

Laurie
    Last edited by LaurieS; 03-28-2017 at 11:39 PM.